What You'll Learn
DIY Eyelash Growth Serum
Wondering how to make eyelashes grow but hesitant about trying a lash growth serum just yet?
Well then, you’re in the right place! There are a bunch of home remedies for eyelash growth that you can try out in the comfort of your own home.
Guess what the best part is? These natural ways to grow eyelashes are very affordable and come without the risk of unpleasant side effects.
Instead, these all natural oils for lashes penetrate into your eyelash hair follicles to nourish and moisturize your eyelashes, restoring health, minimizing eyelash fallout and setting the stage for eyelash growth.
The awesome thing is that you don’t have to just use one oil. You can combine several of these wonderful natural lash growth oils into your own homemade eyelash growth serums!
This is one of my favorite recipes to use for making an effective eyelash growth serum.
It’s perfect for deep conditioning your eyelashes and providing nourishing relief to over-stressed lashes. Let’s move on towards how to make it!
What You Will Need
Before we get started, here’s what you’ll need to make your own homemade eyelash growth serum:
- Empty, reusable mascara tube and wand
- The ingredients for your homemade eyelash growth serum
And that’s it! Let’s get started.
This is the easiest eyelash condition you’ll ever make and it’ll help you thicken out your lashes within just a few weeks. I could see results on just my third day!
Eyelash Growth Serum Ingredients
1. Castor oil: This thick, viscous oil is super rich in fatty acids, vitamin E and proteins. It gets deep into the hair follicles and your lashes will drink it right in for instant hydration and nourishment. It’s been used since ancient times to prevent baldness and will help plump up your lash line.
2. Coconut oil: This yummy-smelling oil is full of nourishing vitamins and fatty acids that bind to the protein in lashes to protect both the roots and strands. The fatty acids found in coconut oil are mostly lauric acid, which also comes with antifungal and antibacterial properties that’ll protect your eyelashes from falling prey to infections that limit hair growth.
3. Sweet Almond Oil: Extracted from sweet almond kernels, almond oil is rich in monosaturated fats, vitamin E, essential fatty acids, calcium and other nutrients that promote eyelash growth. Sweet almond oil strengthens hair, preventing damage and breakage. It also moisturizes the hair, hence preventing them from falling out.
How to Make Eyelash Growth Serum
- Pour equal parts castor oil, sweet almond oil and coconut oil into your empty mascara container.
- Close the tube and shake it to mix the formula.
- Dip the mascara wand into this DIY lash growth serum and gently brush it onto your lashes from root to tip. Also, use just a small amount because the castor oil is quite heavy and can weigh down your lashes.
Don’t over apply the eyelash growth serum as it can weigh down your lashes. It might end up dripping into your eye and sting if you apply too much. So make sure you apply the right amount on your lashes!