What You'll Learn
DIY Vitamin C Serum
Vitamin C helps develop healthy collagen by teaming up with certain enzymes that are responsible for the effectiveness of collagen molecules. As such, it helps provide support for connective tissue plus the healing of wounds and blemishes on the skin.
So, what’s better than creating your own DIY Vitamin C Serum?
DIY Vitamin C Serum Ingredients
You will be needing the following ingredients and tools to make the DIY Vitamin C Serum:
- 1 teaspoon vitamin C powder (GMO free)
- 1 teaspoon filtered or purified water
- 1½ tablespoons aloe vera gel (organic)
- ⅛ teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 5 drops frankincense essential oil (organic)
- A mixing bowl and whisk
- Small glass container
Aloe vera has long been known for its amazing skin benefits. In fact, the ancient Egyptians called it the “plant of immortality.” Today, it’s still used to treat various skin conditions, wounds and burns, and even eczema.
DIY Vitamin C Serum Recipe
Follow these steps to make the DIY Vitamin C Serum:
- Using a bowl and a whisk, mix the vitamin C powder and filtered water.
- Add the aloe vera gel and keep mixing.
- Add the vitamin E oil and frankincense. Mix all ingredients until well blended.
- Using a funnel, transfer the serum into small amber glass bottle to help reduce light exposure.
Your DIY Vitamin C face serum is now ready for use!
How To Use The DIY Vitamin C Serum
The best way to use this DIY vitamin C serum for the face is just before going to be. Wash your face with a gentle face wash, then use rosewater. You can just spray your face with rosewater, it will help the Vitamin C to absorb more gently. Also, always use an organic rose water. Allow the face to dry, then make sure to gently shake the serum bottle just before use and apply a small amount of the DIY Vitamin C Serum. Again, allow it to dry and top it off with your regular moisturizer if you want.
Tips About The DIY Vitamin C Serum
- It is best to apply the Vitamin C serum at night.
- You may want to start with using the serum every other night/regularly to make sure your skin responds well.
- Results are usually noticeable within a few weeks up to 3 months.
- The DIY Vitamin C Serum should only be used at night to avoid exposure to the sun. Make sure to cleanse the skin the next morning before applying sunscreen and makeup.
This DIY Vitamin C Serum is as good as it gets! Just make sure that the ingredients you use are natural and organic, as it be more effective as compared to synthetic products and ingredients.
Do try this super easy to make and use? let us know what you think about it!