What You'll Learn
- 0.1 Well, ladies, wrinkles are there to happen. It’s unfortunate or what but it will happen. So, don’t panic and take care of it. There are some ways to reduce wrinkles naturally [and by medication too]
- 1 If You Smoke, Stop Now
- 2 Stay Hydrated!
- 3 Eat Lots of Anti-oxidants
- 4 Use a Non-toxic Moisturizer
- 5 Products from Amazon.com
- 6 Saturated Fats are Your Best friend
- 7 Use a Non-toxic Sunscreen
- 8 Use Moisturizing Face Masks
- 9 Add Cod Liver Oil to Your Diet
Well, ladies, wrinkles are there to happen. It’s unfortunate or what but it will happen. So, don’t panic and take care of it. There are some ways to reduce wrinkles naturally [and by medication too]
Our skin has two layers: the epidermis (outer layer) and the dermis (below the epidermis). Wrinkles happen in the dermis. The dermis is made up of collagen and other proteins. As we age, our bodies produce less collagen. The collagen is what makes our skin elasticity and smooth. Less collagen results in saggy skin with wrinkles. Lots of factors contribute to this process. Here are some:
- Sun damage
- Poor nutrition
- Facial expressions (laughing, squinting, etc.)
- Pollution and toxins
- Natural aging
- Sleeping on your side (with your cheek pushed against your pillow)
Here are a few steps you can take in order to reduce your wrinkles naturally:
If You Smoke, Stop Now
We all know how bad it is for you. There are a million reasons not to smoke, and wrinkled skin is as good of a reason to quit as any. Quitting is hard but you can do it!
Good skin starts from within. Stay hydrated with water, coconut water, and green tea (which is full of antioxidants). Not only is moisturizing from within important, but water rids your body of toxins. And I am all about detoxing.
Eat Lots of Anti-oxidants
Free radicals (unstable molecules that damage our skin – i.e. pollution & toxins) hate antioxidants. Vitamins A, Vitamin C, & Vitamin E, and beta carotene are all antioxidants. Here are some sources of antioxidants:
- Kale (I put kale in this smoothie every morning)
- Beans (red, kidney, pinto)
Use a Non-toxic Moisturizer
Ladies, admit it. How many different bottles of “miracle” moisturizers are in your bathroom? I know I went through a ton of expensive products until I learned about these magical and natural products. I started using oils instead of lotions and creams about 2 years ago & my skin has never been better!
- Coconut oil – Coconut oil is an amazing oil. It is very moisturizing when used topically and reduces age spots, wrinkles, and cellulite. Use coconut oil with vitamin E as a body moisturizer and my makeup remover. Vitamin E is a topical antioxidant.
- Argan oil – Moisturize your face with argan oil. Argan oil is a drier oil than coconut oil. Argan oil is also very moisturizing, full of antioxidants, and a natural anti-inflammatory.
Other oils great for moisturizing are jojoba, grapeseed, and olive oil.
Saturated Fats are Your Best friend
I eat a high fat diet and am thinner than ever. Good saturated fats are an essential part of a healthy diet and healthy skin. Saturated fat makes your skin more elastic and more resistant to the oxidative damage from the sun. Sources of saturated fat include grass-fed butter, avocados and coconut oil.
Use a Non-toxic Sunscreen
Toxins and free radicals are a big source or wrinkles. And most commercial sunscreens are full of toxins. Lots and lots of toxins. And there are lots of studies in progress now to determine if they really prevent skin cancer.
Use Moisturizing Face Masks
The goal is to do a moisturizing & detoxing face mask monthly (which means it happens about every other month….). Here are some favorites:
- Bentonite Clay Mask
- Avocado Honey Mask
- Gelatin & Egg White Mask
Add Cod Liver Oil to Your Diet
Fermented cod liver oil is the most important supplement your family can take. Not only is it full of vitamins and omega 3, it is the best sun protection around! Yep, a supplement that keeps sun damage far away. A sunburn is inflammation of the skin caused by UV rays. Fermented cod liver oil is anti-inflammatory, thus stopping sun damage before it starts. Keep in mind that not all cod liver oils are made the same.